If your team uses Slack, chances are that a lot of internal communications live there. Wouldn’t it be great if you could get voicemail and text messages from customers in relevant Slack channels?
There are many possibilities:
- Surface customer feedback to the whole team
- Streamline communications of your support team
- Get immediate insight into the customer experience
That’s why we’ve built the Slack integration at OpenPhone. Here we’ll walk you through connecting your phone with Slack.
1 – Get your OpenPhone number
If you have an OpenPhone number, skip this step. Otherwise, here’s how you can get started.
- Go to OpenPhone.co and click to Start Free Trial
- Enter your email or choose Google Sign In
- Pick your OpenPhone number
- Enter your credit card to start the trial. You can cancel anytime and won’t be charged until after the trial
2 – Connect OpenPhone to Slack
- Go to Phone Numbers in your OpenPhone Admin Dashboard ⤴️
- Select your OpenPhone number
- Click on Add next to Slack
- Select the Slack channel you’d like OpenPhone to post to
- Click Allow to grant OpenPhone permission to post in your Slack workspace
3 – Select events to post to Slack
You can modify which events are posted to Slack by clicking on Select Events in your OpenPhone Admin Dashboard. By default, voicemail, text messages and missed calls will be posted.
That’s it. Now you can see your OpenPhone voicemail, text messages and missed calls in Slack so everyone is on the same page.
We’d love to know what you do with this integration. Do you have a use case in mind? Or an interesting way to use OpenPhone with Slack? Let us know in the comments!