Why you need a US phone number
If your business isn’t based in the US, but you’re currently working with US customers (or want to work with US customers), you should have a US phone number. There are many benefits to having a US phone number including:
- US-based customers don’t have to pay fees for calling your international customer service lines
- Your company looks bigger and more legitimate with a US number
- You can select phone numbers for specific cities if you have a heavy concentration of customers in specific locations
Most international businesses think a Google Voice number will help, but it’s not possible. You can’t create a Google Voice account unless you already have a US phone number to verify your account. There are plenty of Google Voice alternatives that can help you with getting a US phone number.
The great thing is that getting a US phone number is an easy process and only takes a few minutes to set up through virtual phone numbers. Instead of having to work with phone providers, setting up expensive infrastructure and waiting weeks to get set up, there are virtual US phone number services you can work with to get your new US number.
How to get a US phone number
Getting a US phone number for your business is an easy process and only takes a few minutes to complete. For your US phone number, we recommend getting the number through OpenPhone (we’ll explain why later).
Here are the instructions for getting a US phone number:
- Create an account with OpenPhone
- During signup, select your city or area code in the US to pick your phone number
- Once the signup process is complete, you’re done!
- You have now a US phone number
Why OpenPhone is the best option for a US phone number
OpenPhone is a virtual business phone built specifically for startups, small businesses, and individuals throughout the world. OpenPhone works on iOS and Android devices on mobile, and web browsers for desktop users. For international businesses, OpenPhone gives you the ability to create a US phone number in just a few minutes.
This dedicated US phone number can be used for talking and texting with your customers in the US. You can forward the US phone number to your local lines to make it even easier for you and your team to handle incoming phone calls. Your OpenPhone number works anywhere you have Internet.
Why should you use OpenPhone? We have many required features for international businesses including:
- Dedicated customer support
- Toll-free numbers
- Works in the US and internationally
- Crystal-clear audio quality
- Can set business hours so you aren’t receiving calls 24/7
- Multiple phone numbers tied to one account
- Voicemail transcription
With OpenPhone, you can fully separate your business and personal communications and clearly see when calls are for your business so you can respond appropriately. You can set your business hours so you’re not getting constant calls when you’re done working. OpenPhone lets you record a voicemail greeting for your business to make it look more professional.
You can choose among thousands of local US, Canadian and toll-free numbers. If you already have an existing US phone number, OpenPhone can port the number over, taking care of the logistics for you.
Ready to get a US phone number? Start calling and texting with your new OpenPhone business number here.